Method 1: Pan-fry (Fresh or Frozen Dumplings)
Cooking equipment: a shallow nonstick pan with lid and cooking oil (vegetable oil, rice bran oil, sunflower oil, rapeseed oil or peanut oil)
1. Heat a pan until hot, add some oil and add the dumplings are enough to cover the base of the pan, leave a small gape between each dumplings . Fry until the bottoms of the dumplings are just light golden brown.
2. Add about 1/2 cup water (it depends how big of your pan, add water enough to cover the base of the pan) to the pan and immediately cover with the lid. You might need to turn the heat to low before adding some water. Also, get a lid ready before adding some water, because it will case some oil splatter everywhere. (add a bit more water if cook frozen dumplings, you don't need to defrost dumplings before hand)
3. Turn the heat back to medium, allow to steam in the pan for 6-8 minutes. Or until all the water has cooked off.
4. Open the lid and continue cook until the pan is completely dry and the bottoms of the dumplings are crispy.
Method 2: Boil (Fresh or frozen Dumplings)
Cooking equipment: Large deep sauce pan or pot
1. Add water to a pot, half way to the pot. Add some salt and bring the water to boil.
2. Carefully add in the dumplings. Immediately give the water a stir, so the dumplings would stick to the bottom of the pot.
3. Continue to boil for 6-8 minutes, until all the dumplings are flow to the top. (Cook the frozen dumplings for extra 1-2 minutes, you don't need to defrost the dumplings beforehand)
Option 1: Ling's Homemade chilli oil
Option 2: 3 tbsp Ling's Homemade chilli oil + 2 tbsp soy sauce + 1 tsp rice vinegar + 1/2 tsp sugar + 1 tsp minced garlic + 1 tsp sesame oil
Option 3: 3 tbsp soy sauce + 1 tbsp rice vinegar + pinch sugar + some sesame oil + finely chopped spring onion
Option 4: your favorite dipping sauce
* Order some homemade dumplings now. Or if you like to learn how to make fresh homemade dumplings, please click here or contact me! :)