This is my light, soft and fluffy Potato Bread. I let my kitchenaid stand mixer do most of the hard work for me. I just watch the magic happens.
This bread can stays soft for several days when stored in a bread bag or airtight container.
170g mashed potato
350g bread flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp yeast
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup lukewarm water or milk
Handful of mixed seeds (optional)
- Add all the ingredients in a mixer bowl. Knead either by hand or in a stand mixer. Use the dough hook and mix until it form a smooth and elastic dough.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, sprinkle with some mixed seeds. Cover with cling film or a dampened towel and let it rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- You'll know when it has risen sufficiently when you press into the top with your fingertip and the indentation remains for a while. Once the dough is doubled in size, preheat the oven to 190°C
- Punch the dough down with your hand to deflate it. Turn it out onto a lightly floured worktop and knead a couple of times. Then shape the dough into a loaf. Place the dough in a floured bread tin. This is optional.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the crust is hard. If you are not sure, just knock on the bottom of the load, you should hear a hollow sound.
- Remove the loaf from the tin (you might need to loosen the bread from the bread tin by using a knife) on to a cooking rack, let it cool down completely before slicing.
Similar recipe - No-Knead Bread.